Monday, April 20, 2009

The sugar cubes were a hit!


Photobucket


Whew, it ain't easy sipping tea, eating scones, balancing a sleeping baby on your chest and trying to make sure that your two-and-a-half year old doesn't eat ten sugar cubes in a row ALL while attempting to photodocument the long-awaited event. I'm sure Jane Austen never had to contend with drool dripping into her tea (it wasn't my own, I promise) nor a sweet little lady who ended up crying for her daddy "The Prince" at the end of the afternoon. Though, maybe she did and spun it into Jane Bennet pining over Mr. Bingley (albeit much more quietly than my sad little Rose) while she was in London with the Gardeners. I fancy...


Photobucket


My girlfriends and I are proof that you can definitely do the high class thing and take four kids under five to a tea room on a Saturday afternoon. We're also evidence that Chuck E. Cheese would've probably been a lot easier. ;o) Still, we plan to visit a different tea room next month, and in the words of Katie (above with the adorable K), we'll be tea-hoppin. Much more elegant than the unsavory origin of this reference, of course. Plus, I'd never trade fresh-baked cranberry scones for nuts and pretzels on a counter.



Photobucket


Poor E. Surrounded by seven women but quite the gentleman. He did try to engage my shy, demure Rose in conversation about "Kung Fu Panda", but, alas, she was more interested in sitting with folded hands ("This is what Cinderella does"). Good thing K brought little wooden cars along with her. Day saved!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Don't mind my daughter's plate with dollops of cream, butter and strawberry whip. She wouldn't believe me that they weren't some sort of mousse concotions. The strawberry was GREAT. As for the butter? Sometimes we all need to learn by experience.


Photobucket


She was super cute with her teacup of lemonade. (Pictures taken from a sleeping Alice's vantage point)


Photobucket


Caption: The inspiration for the title of this post (she ate three).


Photobucket


All of our tea cups were different, as were place settings and silverwear. It was lovely! So eclectic and fanciful.


Photobucket


Y-U-M. And beautiful. Some of the things that I dined on for afternoon tea were cream cheese and pineapple finger sandwiches (my newest favorite), raspberry-strawberry molded fruit fluff, chicken salad cream puff, miniature hot quiche and a cucumber sandwich (my former favorite). Lots more delicious things, as well, including a peanut butter chocolate dessert. There was a vast selection of teas to choose from, as well, which made the picking difficult. I ended up going with a red rose and didn't regret it a bit!


Photobucket


The gang inside


Photobucket


The gang outside...we're so the fashionable Ton, are we not?

35 comments:

  1. Oh, I need a tea day! The last several teas I have been to, I have been in charge of, so it makes it a bit difficult to just relax and enjoy....

    Such fun and Grace looked like she used her very best manners! Good Job Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun! My 2.5 yr old loves playing "tea"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly! That's my favorite tea room! I had my bridal shower in that very gazebo room! We had a lovely Mother's Day lunch in the Doll Room last year!

    Their chicken broccoli crepes are to die for!

    Glad you had a great time there! We just love that place (great reminder that I really need to set up another time to go there!). Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it possible for Grace to get any cuter? ADORABLE! I want girls, or at least to borrow someone's for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish that I could go to someplace like that! The tea looks charming. I think you've given me a good idea for a bridal shower I'm hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Grace looks so cute in her little dress! I bet she did such a great job! How funny that she likes the sugar cubes! I used to love them when I was a kid. In fact, what child doesn't like pure sugar in a cube?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun. It's been so long since I have taken Maggie to "the" tea room. Although we have tea at home everyday. : ) You two look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me wanna have a tea party! With herbal tea, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet post! I love teacups and teapots and all things tea- party. That's one thing that girls never seem to outgrow;-) The first picture of Grace holding her cup is my favorite!

    Have a great day.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun time. Your daughter is adorable. I think I'd have a hard time keeping my Victoria and Jessica out of the sugar cubes too at that age. The teahouse is lovely and those tea cups are so pretty. I'm glad you had fun. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love it that you are going to visit different tea houses every month! Grace is so cute in her dress and with her tea cup!!! I love it that you dressed up and wore a dress, that's so fun! You look awesome by the way!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go to a tearoom with my girls, mom and mother-in-law, soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea!
    And thankyou for that oh so sweet comment you left on my blog! That completely made my week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly! (Fellow PA girl here...) I am absolutely in love with the idea of taking my daughter to tea in a few years. I wonder if there are any local tea rooms around me? I'll have to do some investigating...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning, Kelly! Another comment from me to let you know that I've nominated you for an award on my blog;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like so much fun! Somehow I lost track of your blog. My google feed reader mno longer updates it. I guess I'll go in and change that thing cause I miss hearing about your life. I need to scroll down and catch up now. I was all excited about you moving and then I lost track. SO how do you like the new house?

    Lovin the color of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had fun! My 2.5 yr old loves playing "tea"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what fun. It's been so long since I have taken Maggie to "the" tea room. Although we have tea at home everyday. : ) You two look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I wish that I could go to someplace like that! The tea looks charming. I think you've given me a good idea for a bridal shower I'm hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is it possible for Grace to get any cuter? ADORABLE! I want girls, or at least to borrow someone's for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! Grace looks so cute in her little dress! I bet she did such a great job! How funny that she likes the sugar cubes! I used to love them when I was a kid. In fact, what child doesn't like pure sugar in a cube?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I need a tea day! The last several teas I have been to, I have been in charge of, so it makes it a bit difficult to just relax and enjoy....

    Such fun and Grace looked like she used her very best manners! Good Job Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet post! I love teacups and teapots and all things tea- party. That's one thing that girls never seem to outgrow;-) The first picture of Grace holding her cup is my favorite!

    Have a great day.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! I love it that you are going to visit different tea houses every month! Grace is so cute in her dress and with her tea cup!!! I love it that you dressed up and wore a dress, that's so fun! You look awesome by the way!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. This makes me wanna have a tea party! With herbal tea, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Kelly! That's my favorite tea room! I had my bridal shower in that very gazebo room! We had a lovely Mother's Day lunch in the Doll Room last year!

    Their chicken broccoli crepes are to die for!

    Glad you had a great time there! We just love that place (great reminder that I really need to set up another time to go there!). Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to go to a tearoom with my girls, mom and mother-in-law, soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Morning, Kelly! Another comment from me to let you know that I've nominated you for an award on my blog;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks like so much fun! Somehow I lost track of your blog. My google feed reader mno longer updates it. I guess I'll go in and change that thing cause I miss hearing about your life. I need to scroll down and catch up now. I was all excited about you moving and then I lost track. SO how do you like the new house?

    Lovin the color of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Kelly! (Fellow PA girl here...) I am absolutely in love with the idea of taking my daughter to tea in a few years. I wonder if there are any local tea rooms around me? I'll have to do some investigating...

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun time. Your daughter is adorable. I think I'd have a hard time keeping my Victoria and Jessica out of the sugar cubes too at that age. The teahouse is lovely and those tea cups are so pretty. I'm glad you had fun. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely idea!
    And thankyou for that oh so sweet comment you left on my blog! That completely made my week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. That sounds neat, do you still tea hop? I hadn't heard you mention it before.

    ReplyDelete