Monday, August 3, 2009

Why is my heritage screaming her head off?


Photobucket

Babies.

They're beautiful, they're sweet-smelling, they're cuddly and loveable. They teach you exactly what it means to have a heartbeat and never stop reminding you that we're just so unworthy of God's great goodness.

They also teeth and bite while nursing, hate the car so much that they scream and choke, only want their mamas to hold them (suddenly disliking the sling!) decide to become averse to all baby toys and desperately interested in their Daddy's Wii controllers, and they throw caution to the wind and go all willy-nilly just when some semblence of a routine gets established.

But they're also just so, so wonderful. None of the other matters in the long-run, and it usually doesn't even matter to us moms after five minutes has passed. Once that overtired, teething babe (or maybe her very dramatic, also overtired, tantruming older sister, wink) has calmed down and fallen asleep so fragilely in our strong arms, we forget everything except how much we want to love them and give them the world.


You know who babies remind me of? You and I, my friend.

To God, we're always kicking, screaming, biting, doing everything other than what He desires, and sometimes wetting our pants (figuratively at least...how many times has He set us up absolutely perfectly in a situation and we've gone and blown it? All-dressed-in-a-frilly-get-up-and-suddenly-wet-undies, say what?)

Just like parents, God sees through the earthly frustrations and right into the beauty that lies in our souls. The souls that He created. The souls that He delights in above all else.

When you feel like you just can't do it anymore, when children are clawing up you like a totem pole (and you wish you were a cactus), let our Heavenly Helper intervene. After all, our kids don't need a nanny but I sure do love having a Super One to take care of ME!



Photobucket


"Children are a heritage of the Lord, offspring are a reward from Him." (Psalm 127:3)

21 comments:

  1. This was such a good post, Kel! In our world of everyday madness it's so easy to forget that we are God's children as well. Hope you're having an awesome day, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL. so well put. isn't it the truth! they fall asleep and we love them once again. lol. :) i love how you reckoned the likeness of our mother hood to that of the Father in heaven. so beautiful.
    well, my babies are waking from their naps now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!

    I have been seeing myself the last few days...not lovely. So thankful for His Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I'll tell ya, sometimes I want 10,000 kids and other times a puppy looks good, LOL. Too much potty-training on either end. ;0)

    What a blessing our little loves are! I'm thankful that they're exactly who Hos created them to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very poignant and appropriate post! It is so easy to forget that little ones are only little for such a short period, and to stress about their foibles and moods - your post is a wonderful reminder to step back and see the bigger picture. Prayers to you all, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grrr, I needed to read this today!! Now my littlies are in bed I know I should have paused, prayed and leaned on Him more. It was a hard day! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same! What is she eating lol.. looks good like rainbow slushies in the park when I was young lol. I know how you feel and the comparison to our relationship w/ God is often a topic on my mind. I do my best to behave lol but this was a great reminder! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen!

    I have been seeing myself the last few days...not lovely. So thankful for His Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys! I'll tell ya, sometimes I want 10,000 kids and other times a puppy looks good, LOL. Too much potty-training on either end. ;0)

    What a blessing our little loves are! I'm thankful that they're exactly who Hos created them to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a good post, Kel! In our world of everyday madness it's so easy to forget that we are God's children as well. Hope you're having an awesome day, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same! What is she eating lol.. looks good like rainbow slushies in the park when I was young lol. I know how you feel and the comparison to our relationship w/ God is often a topic on my mind. I do my best to behave lol but this was a great reminder! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL. so well put. isn't it the truth! they fall asleep and we love them once again. lol. :) i love how you reckoned the likeness of our mother hood to that of the Father in heaven. so beautiful.
    well, my babies are waking from their naps now....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grrr, I needed to read this today!! Now my littlies are in bed I know I should have paused, prayed and leaned on Him more. It was a hard day! :(

    ReplyDelete