Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake



It's not just for Thanksgiving, guys. This easy-peasy-to-make and totally scrumptious cheescake (actually a cheese pie, but semantics-lovers say what?) is perfect for the holidays.

Get Cookin'!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine 2 packages of softened cream cheese (16 ounces total), 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Blend with a mixer until smooth.

Blend in 2 eggs.

Reserve 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture aside. Pour the remaining into 1 (9-inched) unbaked deep dish pie crust.

Into reserved cream, stir 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or 'til taste) and 1 cup of canned pumpkin. You could also substitute your own homemade with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/8 tsp of cloves and 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.

Pour over the top of plain filling and smooth to edges of crust.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set (not completely).

Refrigerate overnight.

Calories: 1990 total (not bad for a cheesecake!!)




P.S. If you place the pie dish in a roasting pan filled about 1/4-1/3 of the way with water while baking, the cheesecake will stay moistened by the steam and won't crack on the top. I like the "cracked" look for this pie, since it's technically a cheese pie and not a cheesecake, but if you don't, then do the water method! :o)

16 comments:

  1. I made this the Thanksgiving before last and it was a hit! Okay, now I need to make it after going to the store tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, maybe I missed it - but does pumpkin itself go into this recipe? 'Cause I didn't see the pumpkin - only the spices.

    Thanks so much for sharing! It does look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!!!!!!! I made a cheesecake for Christmas a couple years ago...I'll have to make it and post the recipe. Sooooo good. Mike's fave thing is pumpkin pie so I'll have to make this for him. Did I already say this looks "YUM!!!"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog Kel! What a delicious looking recipe! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! That looks so good.

    Just in case you haven't tried, get some ben and jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream..I swear, I fell in love. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might make this tonight! Oddly, I have no problem resisting cheesecake so it is a dessert I can make for everyone else and not eat myself!

    Laurel- it calls for 1 cup of pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lovin' the new name and look of the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummola. Thanks for another great idea.
    Do you happen to have a pumpkin soup recipe that you enjoy? Looking for a savory one that is served warm. Ideas?
    Loved Libby's dialogue. Aren't kids the best?
    Have fun at Target.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummola. Thanks for another great idea.
    Do you happen to have a pumpkin soup recipe that you enjoy? Looking for a savory one that is served warm. Ideas?
    Loved Libby's dialogue. Aren't kids the best?
    Have fun at Target.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!!!!!!! I made a cheesecake for Christmas a couple years ago...I'll have to make it and post the recipe. Sooooo good. Mike's fave thing is pumpkin pie so I'll have to make this for him. Did I already say this looks "YUM!!!"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am lovin' the new name and look of the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love reading your blog Kel! What a delicious looking recipe! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm, maybe I missed it - but does pumpkin itself go into this recipe? 'Cause I didn't see the pumpkin - only the spices.

    Thanks so much for sharing! It does look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might make this tonight! Oddly, I have no problem resisting cheesecake so it is a dessert I can make for everyone else and not eat myself!

    Laurel- it calls for 1 cup of pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this the Thanksgiving before last and it was a hit! Okay, now I need to make it after going to the store tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!! That looks so good.

    Just in case you haven't tried, get some ben and jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream..I swear, I fell in love. LOL

    ReplyDelete