Saturday, July 24, 2010

S'mores on a stick

For my friend Sarah's birthday, our friend Katie and I made a little birthday celebration at our regular park playdate. Always looking for a reason to use sprinkles (I'm forever fascinated by all things multi-colored...I can think of worse obsessions), I made these decadent S'mores on a Stick. Easy peasy for little ones, and, of course, big ones, to eat without all of the melty mess of a traditional campfire snack. Mess is fun, though, so I'm not complaining. Only exhorting. This is one yummy snack!




Leftover marshmallows and leftover chocolate certainly isn't left wanting.


1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1.5 cups of milk chocolate chips, divided
1 cup of miniature marshmallows
11 whole graham crackers, halved crosswise
Toppings of your choice (sprinkles, nuts, mini-candies, etc.)

1. Microwave half of the condensed milk in a microwave-safe dish on high for 1.5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of chips until smooth; stir in marshmallows.

2. Spread chocolate mixture evenly by heaping tablespoonfuls onto 11 graham cracker halves. Top with remaining graham cracker halves; place on waxed paper (which I didn't - just a baking sheet).

3. Microwave remaining condensed milk at high for 1.5 minutes, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chips, stirring until smooth. Drizzle mixture over cookies (I spread it on instead) and sprinkle with desired toppings. Let stand for 30 minutes. Insert wooden craft sticks. Serve after standing for 2 hours.

10 comments:

  1. Yum! Those are such cute little treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm...delicious!

    Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! They're scrumptious and fun to make...just hard to resist. A lot of the melted chocolate went mysteriously missing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know what I'm obsessed with? Little treats in perfect see through cellaphane bags! Love it! Love it!!

    PS. So glad your posting again. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds fabulous! I love the look of sprinkles but i don't like to eat them... weird, i know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys!!

    Shannon - Me, too! I love wrapping, packaging, labels, etc. Ed works for a company that sells all that kind of stuff, so those little bags are from him. God certainly matches up people according, LOL. :o)

    Angie - Same here. They don't really taste that good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are blogging again! Trying to get back into the grove myself! This pregnancy has me dragging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm....those look yummy! I'll have to try those out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little guy is turning two in a few weeks and sharing a birthday party with his cousin who will be turning three a day before. These will definitely be part of the party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're super yummy and really, really easy! Plus (shhhh...don't let my thighs here this!) they're extra-yummy warmed up in the microwave. ;o)

    Southern Mama - Prayers for the end of your journey! Lots of hugs and smiles for that little babe entering the world! Woo hoo!

    Amy - Happy early birthday to your little one! Grace is also hooked on "turning five"...she just turned four! I need a break, LOL!

    ReplyDelete